Heli-Kit News #84, 10-Apr-00
1. The April 2000 issue of Scale Aircraft Modelling (v.22,no.2) contains an 'Aircraft in Detail' feature entitled 'SFOR Helicopters in Bosnia'. Mark Attrill describes the SFOR organisation and the helicopter types used over this war-torn area of Europe, and includes a list of recommended kits in 1:72 and 1:48, while Peter Scott illustrates their colours and markings.
Schemes are included for the following:
- UK Army Lynx AH.7, x2
- UK Army Lynx AH.9
- Royal Navy Sea King HC.4
- Royal Air Force Chinook HC.2
- US Marines CH-46E Sea Knight, x2
- US Army OH-58A Kiowa
- US Army OH-58D Kiowa Warrior
- US Army AH-64A Apache, x5
- US Army UH-60A/L Blackhawk, x4
- ALAT SA342F Gazelle
- Italian Navy Sea King SH-3D
- Italian Army AB.412
- Italian Army AB.205A
- Famet UH-1H
- CAF CH-146 Griffon
- Slovene Army Bell 412HP
- Czech AF Mi-17 Hip, x2
- Heer CH-53G, x3
2. The April edition of Internet Modeller includes a review of the 1:72 Italeri A129 Mangusta written by Chris Bucholtz.
3. The 1:35 MRC Blackhawk which has been the subject of rumour and innuendo since about this time last year has now multiplied into two different models, and will be joined by a new version of their UH-1C, believed to be as follows:
These are expected to be out before the end of this year, maybe sooner.
- #BA110 UH-1C US Navy Sea Wolf with resin parts, US$33.98
- #BA111 HH-60G USAF Pave Hawk, US$59.98
- #BA112 UH-60L US Army Blackhawk, US$59.98
4. Pascal Cholin has scanned 30 plus close-up pictures of an AB-47G which he took at his local airfield. These will soon appear at the Aircraft Resource Center, courtesy of the 'Three Amigos'.
5. Czech Master Kits have released their 1:72 detail set #7019 for the Italeri Bell H-13. This appears to contain an etched sheet, acetate instrument dials, and a number of replacement resin parts including a two-seat cockpit, fuel tanks, etc.
6. Released recently were two Eduard etched detail sets; #72317 for the interior of the Italeri/Revell H-21, and #48309 for the Italeri OH-13 Sioux.
7. Eduard are also about to release a set of canopy & wheel masks for the H-21, #XS-051.
8. If anyone wants to know how to make their own photo-etched parts at home, using relatively cheap supplies, take a look at this how-to article.
9. AeroCalcas Argentinas decal sheet #72005 includes markings for a blue Argentine Navy S-55, serial 4-H-12, along with a Skyhawk and a Catalina.
Thanks to Pete Tasker, Pascal Cholin, Dave Roof, and Ward Shrake.