Heli-Kit News #45, 11-Jul-99
1. My comments last week about the Italeri release schedule has had the desired effect! This week they released both the 1:72 Vertol H-21 #007 and the 1:48 RAH-66 Commanche #860.
A new feature of the H-21 kit is the provision of a sheet of plastic mesh which you cut to size for the intake screens.
For a first look review of the H-21 and scans of the instruction sheets and decal / paint diagrams visit AAA.
Three options are provided:
2. A new book from Red Roo covers the Bell 206B-1 Kiowa as flown by the Australian Defence Forces. This includes:
- US Army H-21 of the 93rd Transportation Co. South Vietnam 1963
- French Navy H-21 of 31 Flotille, Algeria 1956
- German Army V-43A of 3 Heeresflieger Battalion 300, Mendig, Germany 1956
3. The Buccaneer S-58T resin conversion (HKN #44) was indeed produced in Thailand, and was advertised in the Thai magazine 'The Modeller Club' Vol.1. Unfortunately it appears to have sold out and the maker has no current plans to re-issue it. I am currently trying to obtain an address so that we can attempt to change his mind.
- Full operational history, including Vietnam
- Full production details and development of the B-1 standard
- Complete fleet list
- Specially commissioned artwork by Juanita Franzi
- Over 100 photos, some not previously published
- Four pages of colour photos, including the extremely rare experimental "lozenge" scheme
- Discussion of operation of the Kiowa by a former Army pilot
- And all the usual detail for modellers.
I understand that a Thai Navy Seahawk conversion is planned for release by the same maker in August this year.
4. The long-awaited Max Decals sheet of 1:72 International Alouette III decals is now printed and should be available from stockists shortly.
5. The June 1999 issue of Replic, the French aircraft modelling magazine, includes a feature on the Italeri 1:48 UH-1D #849.
6. US readers note that Linden Hill now have the new AModel / Sky-High Ka-25C, which has decal options for both the USSR/CIS and Ukrainian Navies.
7. Michael Benolkin has posted a 'first-look' review of Revell's kit of the 1:32 EC-135 in ADAC colors, #4425. (Though it actually came out in 1997).
Thanks to Michael Benolkin, Lam Chun Wing, Adam Cooper, and Joe Maxwell.