Heli-Kit News #30, 27-Mar-99
1. Linden Hill now have the Interavia CH-25 kits, though they are still waiting for delivery of the boxes, decals, and instructions. Guy says "The kit really is a pleasant surprise. It's moulded in green plastic with delicately engraved panel lines and decent transparencies".
2. Airfix have deleted the following old favourites from their 1999 range:
3. The following are absent from the Italeri 1999 catalogue:
- 1042 Westland Scout
- 1068 MBB Bo-105
- 4002 Fairey Rotodyne
- 5023 Mi-24 Hind A/D
4. Coming soon from Airwaves is SC72095, a resin Westland Scout flotation set. The relationship between this and the existing white metal set #C72090 is not known.
- 011 SH-60B Seahawk
- 076 Ka-29 Helix
- 198 AH-64D (replaced by the more accurate Longbow #080)
- 833 AH-1W SuperCobra (1:48)
5. Sharkit #7219, the DOAK VZ-4, originally announced in FineScale Modeler over a year ago, is now scheduled for release in 1999, judging by its appearance on Hannants advance order list. Whether or not the Doak is admissible as a rotorcraft is a matter for personal preference.
6. The correction sheet for the Belcher Bits decal sheet #BD3 is now available (see HKN #23). Mike Belcher also tells me that the 1:48 Lynx is now looking like a 21st century release.
7. The Luchtvaart Model Shop at Schiphol Airport, Amsterdam, has taken delivery of the 1:72 Mastercraft Mi-17 Hip #K-71 which is a re-issue of the KP mould.
Also listed by Luchtvaart this month is the first of the Revell 1999 releases, 'Medicopter 117'.
8. Galaxy appear to be yet another Chinese company who are making (pirate?) copies of Italeri and Revell kits. The following 1:72 kits are listed at NKR, who tell me that the H-53s are definitely Italeri, though the origin of the Comanche is less certain:
9. IPMS Stockholm have revised, updated, and re-formatted Urban Fredriksson's invaluable colour reference tables. These give compehensive cross-references between different manufacturers' paint numbers, as well as a wide range of typical colours for aircraft from various airforces.
- MH-53J Pave Low
- CH-53W Sea Stallion
- RAH-66 Comanche
Thanks to Thanks to Jonathan Mock, Mike Belcher, Guy Holroyd, and Earl Martell.