Heli-Kit News #17, 24-Dec-98
1. Here's a little more information on the upcoming Special Hobby Hughes TH-55A #72016 and Hiller UH-12 (H-23) #72017; they will both be "Injection moulded kits with resin detail set interior and engine, and photo-etched parts".
2. The following unofficial list of Revell Germany's intentions for 1999 has been obtained prior to announcement at the Nuernberger Spielwarenmesse at the beginning of February:
The star of the show here has to be the A-109, first time ever kitted as far as we know, and bristling with possibilities. The H-21 will be the upcoming Italeri mould. Information from Flieger Revue (and follow the link 'Modellbau-News!')
- 1:144: Kamov Ka-50 Hokum
- 1:72: Medicopter BK-117, Mil Mi-28 N, Agusta A-109 K2, CH-21 Shawnee (Heer)
- 1:48: Bell UH-1D (Heer)
- 1:32: Alouette II (France, Netherlands)
3. Also published by Flieger Revue is a revised 1999 list from Italeri:
Note that the 1:48 AH-1Z SuperCobra is additional to the previously published list.
- 1:72: AS-352 Puma, KA-52 Alligator, A-129 Mangusta, H-21C Flying Banana
- 1:48: OH-13S Sioux, AH-1Z SuperCobra, OH-13S Coast Guard, RAH-66 Comanche
4. In HKN #14 it was reported (quoting SAMI) that "AMT are to issue a package of two 1:72 kits in their new 'Adversaries' range, consisting of a Hind and an Apache. Presumably these will be re-issues of the discontinued AMT/Ertl kits."
Flieger Revue thinks these are going to be 1:48 scale, not 1:72.
5. Revell Germany's 1:72 Heer UH-1D #4444 has been released. It is not known at the moment whether this is a rebox of their old made-in-Korea UH-1D, or whether its origins lie elsewhere. £5.95 or 8.5 Euros from all good toyshops.
6. Also released this week is Isradecal's sheet of yellow Israeli V's. Sheet #IDF-10 has V's in both 1:48 and 1:72 for the Super Frelon, UH-60, CH-53, AH-1S, AH-64, 206, 212, and MD500 Defender. £2.50 from Hannants, where it is illustrated.
7. Eduard have announced an interior detail set for the 1:48 Monogram Mi-24 Hind, #48-267, and another for the 1:72 Hasegawa Hinds, #72-285.
8. The homepage of IPMS Norway
now has a photo feature of the Westland Sea King Mk.43B.
9. The Perth Military Modellers Society website has a selection of walkaround features in their reference section, including AS.350B, 206B Kiowa, CH-47C, and UH-1H in Australian service:
10. A picture of the box of the new A-model Kamov Ka-60 has been posted by NKR, so presumably it's not too far off being released.
Thanks to Paul Bowyer, Ragnar Eckhoff, Gary Byk, and all others who have contributed.